BUFFERZONE® Safe Workspace™
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How can I purchase Safe Workspace™?
Safe Workspace Pro edition is available from our partner Lenovo:
- From the Lenovo Pro Store
- Bundled with a Lenovo system, from Lenovo or Lenovo reseller
Safe Workspace Enterprise edition is available either from BUFFERZONE® (directly or through our sales partners) or through Lenovo. Please be in touch with us.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
For purchases from Lenovo, please see the Lenovo Returns and Cancellations policy or contact your local Lenovo office.
How Safe Workspace™ Works
How exactly does Safe Workspace™ work?
Following installation and activation, the Safe Workspace™ agent runs in the background on your computer.
With all Safe Workspace™ editions, the agent securely and proactively isolates risky sources such as browsers (Chrome, Firefox, and MS Edge), downloads, email attachments, and files from USB devices, protecting the computer (and hence your network) from potential malicious attacks.
With Safe Workspace™ Pro, those initially isolated files are then disarmed (as supported) of risky components, by SafeBridge<span style=”font-weight: bold;”>®</span>. With Safe Workspace™ Enterprise, disarming can be automatic or manually available, according to organizational policy.
Does Safe Workspace™ require an internet connection?
The Safe Workspace™ agent runs locally on the computer, protecting it without needing internet access.
Automatic product updates do require internet access.
Does Safe Workspace™ collect any personal information?
The Safe Workspace™ agent does not share or send any personal data at any time. In troubleshooting scenarios, you may manually send locally-stored logs with endpoint information.
As part of the initial registration process (for Pro edition), you will need to provide BUFFERZONE® with your name, country and email address.
Is the container ever emptied?
The container is occasionally emptied automatically.
In addition, if you suspect your computer is infected you may manually empty the container from the Safe Workspace™ agent UI or system tray menu.
What kind of protection does Safe Workspace™ provide?
- Document and media files (Office, PDF, CSV, HTML, PNG, JPG, JPEG, MP3, MP4, AVI and more, including in ZIP archives) are disarmed of potentially risky components (for example, Office file macros).
- Files such as executables, which cannot be disarmed, are either:
- From known, trusted publishers: Allowed
- From unknown publishers: Kept isolated in a virtual container. Even if the file contains malware it cannot do any damage to the rest of the endpoint; the container is periodically emptied.